Berks County Furnace Repair & Maintenance
Professional Heating Services in Berks & Lehigh Counties
Don't let an unreliable furnace leave you out in the cold this season. Call (484) 604-2122 and schedule your professional furnace repair and maintenance service in Berks County with the experts at Moyer Total Indoor Comfort. Find out how you can enjoy instant savings on your next heating project with our latest deals and promotions.
The best way to keep your furnace working efficiently, safely and reliably is to invest in regular maintenance and repairs. A traditional furnace will last up to 20 years in your home before it starts to lose efficiency. In that time, trust the experts at Moyer Total Indoor Comfort to help with all of your repair and maintenance needs. With over 100 years of experience in the industry, we know what homeowners need when it comes to their heating system in Berks County.
To see reviews and feedback from your friends and neighbors, visit our reviews page.
How Often Should You Have Your Furnace Serviced?
We recommend having your furnace inspected at least once or twice per year. This will ensure your system is working at peak efficiency, and you are not at risk of developing any unexpected breakdowns in the middle of winter. Investing in regular maintenance will keep your furnace working more efficiently for longer, resulting in savings and fewer repairs.
Our furnace maintenance service includes the following:
- Inspection of the pilot light
- Checking the cleanliness of the air filters and replacing if needed
- Inspecting the furnace control board, limit control, and gas valve
- Testing thermostat connections
- Checking the blower motor and run capacitor
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
There are many common problems that can affect a furnace's performance and efficiency. Some of these issues can be easily spotted with a simple visual inspection, whereas certain others may require the trained eye of a professional to be detected.
Some of the most common signs that your furnace needs to be repaired include:
- Your furnace has lost the ability to sufficiently heat your home
- Strange noises coming from inside the unit
- No airflow or reduced airflow coming from the registers
- Water dripping or pooling around the unit
- Increased monthly heating costs
If you notice any of these issues with your system, call the experts at Moyer Total Indoor Comfort right away. Our technicians are trained and experienced in pinpointing the issue and providing the most cost-effective and efficient solution.
Repairing vs. Replacing Your Furnace
Like any mechanical appliance, your furnace has a finite lifespan and will eventually reach the point when it will need to be replaced. Determining exactly when a furnace replacement is necessary can be difficult, however, as the answer will vary depending on who you ask. While some HVAC companies will advise you to replace your furnace as soon as it reaches 10 years old, there are many cases in which an aging unit will still operate efficiently and will merely need minor repairs to keep going. In general, determining whether you should repair or replace your furnace will depend on your unit's age, the cost of the required repairs, and how well it has been maintained throughout its life.
You will likely be able to get away with repairing your furnace if:
- Your furnace is still covered under warranty
- Your furnace still adequately heats your home
- The cost of repairs is equal to less than half of your furnace's current value
Conversely, you should probably consider replacing your furnace entirely if:
- Your furnace breaks down frequently
- Your unit is more than 15 years old
- Your heating costs continue to rise unexpectedly
- The cost of repairs exceeds half of your furnace's current value
Other Reasons to Work With Moyer Total Indoor Comfort
As a business that spans over four generations with over 100 years of experience, we have come to know what homeowners need to operate efficient and safe heating systems. Our technicians are fully committed to our customers' satisfaction and work tirelessly to provide the best options to our trusted clients.
We also add several unique features to our services that put extra value on our work:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Risk-Free, Upfront Pricing
- Written Warranties on All Work
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Trained and Licensed Technicians
Don't risk furnace failure in the middle of winter. Contact us at (484) 604-2122 today and speak to our team about scheduling your next furnace repair or maintenance in Berks and Lehigh Counties. We will help you save you money and prevent problems in the future!