Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Kutztown during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Moyer Total Indoor Comfort will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Moyer Total Indoor Comfort at 484-646-3363 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.