It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like being informed when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a number of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the most savings you can. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to tell you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a number of perks that can help better your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Moyer Total Indoor Comfort in Kutztown and Breinigsville has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 484-646-3363.