With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can cut a large amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically heighten your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Moyer Total Indoor Comfort specialist complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system running well for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is working correctly and can identify looming concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Moyer Total Indoor Comfort a call at 484-646-3363.