As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature continues to drop, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to flip on the heat. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when you need to get a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a ring at 484-646-3363 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions throughout the process, don’t hesitate giving Moyer Total Indoor Comfort in Kutztown a call at 484-646-3363. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.