As spring begins, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Kutztown and Breinigsville? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was running good last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your unit checked annually by a Moyer Total Indoor Comfort specialist can help spot small issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can cause higher energy use—and a higher utility bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little issues before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine components and complete a set of AC performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into large problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Moyer Total Indoor Comfort
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Moyer Total Indoor Comfort pros a ring at 484-646-3363 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your home, make sure to check our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.