During the colder Kutztown months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Moyer Total Indoor Comfort will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Moyer Total Indoor Comfort as soon as possible if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not the right size for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Moyer Total Indoor Comfort can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Moyer Total Indoor Comfort at 484-646-3363 or schedule an appointment with us online.