Having standard air conditioning service done at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Kutztown season, have the professionals at Moyer Total Indoor Comfort conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illicitly releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We suggest taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Moyer Total Indoor Comfort today at 484-646-3363.