Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Kutztown is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Moyer Total Indoor Comfort constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter regularly! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Moyer Total Indoor Comfort in Kutztown at 484-646-3363 today.